Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Clean your closets

This is a public service message from your local beat down, put upon, stuck in hell mommy of 4 to those of you finding yourself similarly mired in some sort of muck that makes any progress on any front impossible.

Clean your closet. Your closet reflects your state of mind and your state of  your life. That is my firm opinion. I cleaned my closet today, and you know what? My house was set free from eternal escrow bondage, my children were well, I'm making better eating choices (yes just one day) and I feel like a million bucks and I bet it's going to continue.

Next I need to clean my car, my purse and my dining room table. And then my life will be free flowing and successful as it can be. I just know it. Too bad it's another holiday weekend and I don't get another morning child free for a week. I'll figure it out. A few minutes a day will make progress. I'll see signs of change. I'm excited. Because I have been stuck stuck stuck for so long. I couldn't see what I was doing to stay stuck and I couldn't see any way out. I am not going to be stuck anymore. The house will sell, my new house will be found and purchased and I will find myself again.

I even found some sense of humor in the back of the closet while I was cleaning.

No, really, I don't think it's a coincidence. We'd been waiting on the results of a re-appraisal of our house for sale for 3 days. Suddenly we get it and it's better news than we had even hoped for. We will be getting a reasonable amount for our house and we will be free by the end of next week. Free to find our dream home and start a life where my kids have room, privacy, good sleep options, freedom to do crafts, run in and out of a house, and even help mommy in the kitchen.

I can't wait. It's going to be great, with the usual spots of pain in the butt. Moving is never easy. Finding a home is never easy, negotiating sucks, and we will have to spend more than we want to but it'll all work out.

I'm on my way! Oh I'm relentlessly cheery today aren't I? Hard to even recognize me.

5 comments:

  1. Hmm---nesting, are we?

    You couldn't possibly be preggars again, could you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mira, I love your optimistic self. (Your pessimistic self too, since I ricochet between both myself...)

    I am also in cleaning mode, trying to leave the house in good condition to be solo for the next 6 months at least until one of us can get back for a visit. It does feel good, and I will hope to get some immediate payback like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, who are you today?! I can't decide if I miss the old you or want optimistic you to stay. I will get back to you on that! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im wanting some new posts, not that you have time with the craziness of your life right now but Im just sayin that Im looking forward to having you blog again!

    ReplyDelete