Saturday, June 27, 2009

Bad, Bad Babies

Why do children make the scariest sounds all the time and think it's hilarious? Right now I'm sitting in my living room watching CNN's all Michael Jackson all the time tv and listening to the baby monitors whereupon my daughter (A) is making choking and gasping noises while B laughs hysterically. I had to mute my friendly MJ tributes to listen closer. What if she had started choking on an eye from a stuffed animal that she gnawed off in typical animalistic fashion? How would I know?

But the bigger question is, how many more months will they think that gasping/choking noises are funny? I mean they have the attention span of gnats, how do they remember this same 'joke' for months? And why doesn't it hurt their throats like it does mine if I try to emulate them? I suppose when one's vocalizations are limited to non-word utterances, one finds unusual ways to make jokes? Perhaps I should relish this time as the inevitable endless knock knock jokes are on their way and fart and poop jokes will follow shortly after. Three times. But when you're driving up the highway to grandma's house and almost drive off the road while whipping your head around to verify that your child (C) is not, in fact, choking on his spit, it is just not acceptable! Someone is going to get hurt. And I'm not talking about spanking.

3 comments:

  1. LOL!! Mine do that too. Daddy is such a sucker. I know better now. Visiting from SITS. Jen

    P.S: Now that princess can babble I say, "Are you choking?" and if she says "yaaaaa" then I know she's fine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, at least they have a sense of humor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from SITS and your new follower. Your children are SO CUTE, but I have no idea how you even have time to breathe! LOL

    ReplyDelete